Nostalgia Digest Magazine is a 64-page quarterly publication filled with articles about the "Golden Age" of radio, television, movies, and music, written by those who lived it and those who love it! Since 1974, Nostalgia Digest Magazine has provided readers with an entertaining, educational look at life and popular culture during the first half of the 20th century (and sometimes beyond).
In addition, every issue of Nostalgia Digest includes a three-month schedule for the two weekly old-time radio shows hosted by Digest publisher Steve Darnall: Those Were The Days, heard every Saturday afternoon (1:00-5:00 p.m. CST) on WDCB-FM (and on the internet at www.wdcb.org); and Radio's Golden Age, heard every Sunday at www.yesterdayusa.com and at www.talkzone.com. You'll find a complete listing of the old-time radio programs heard every week on Those Were The Days and Radio's Golden Age, including original broadcast dates, titles of stories, names of stars and supporting players, and a line or two describing each show. It's exclusive to Nostalgia Digest and a perfect complement to the stories, subjects and stars we cover in every issue!
Subscribe now! A one-year subscription brings four 64-page issues to your door for only $17; a two-year subscription brings you 8 issues for only $30!
Click here to view a larger picture
In the Summer 2014 Nostalgia Digest:
- The life and career of The Great One himself, JACKIE GLEASONThe birth of THE QUIZ KIDS
- How western radio drama grew up, with the smell of GUNSMOKE
- WALT DISNEY and America's folk heroes
- Reading goes to war: The story of Armed Services Editions
- Before there were music videos, there was the wonderful world of SOUNDIES
- VIRGINIA O'BRIEN, the girl with the frozen face
- A complete listing for Steve Darnall's Those Were The Days and Radio's Golden Age
- PLUS: Memories of summers at Chicago's Rainbow Beach; GWEN DAVIES recalls her life as a Let's Pretender; our own KEN ALEXANDER continues Nostalgia Digest's 40th anniversary celebration; more!
Above rates apply to U.S. residents only. Subscriptions to Canada cost an additional $5.00 per year; individual issues to Canada cost an additional $1.25 for postage and handling.
To order by U.S. Mail, send check or credit card information to Funny Valentine Press, P.O. Box 25734, Chicago, IL 60625 or you can call or fax your information to us at (773) 769-6575.